Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Living a double life.

By day I am your average college student...by night, a super villain.

And maybe not so much.  But I am living a double life I really am I swear! What I mean by this is being at college but also still having and keeping my life at home in tact.  Preserving it.  Even though none of my friends are still there, it's like that life still exists, frozen in time.  Until this past weekend, I had not left the bubble that is my college.  And when I did, it was weird.  Wow there are real people out there, I have to spend real money on food? What do you mean I can't just swipe my card to get into the dining hall? And what was weird and somewhat disturbing was how foreign walking felt! I walked so much this weekend and am used to walking a lot at home but living on a campus, you only walk back and forth to a few places.  I had forgotten about my legs.  I have always been a bit of a vagabond.  A lot of me misses being able to hop on a train and be in a city within twenty minutes. But, don't get me wrong it's beautiful here.  And we already had our first snowfall! And it wasn't just slush.  My first instinctual thought was oh great, theres gonna be muddy, yellow slush everywhere.  But it actually stayed as packable snowball ready snow for a while.  That is the miracle of upstate new york.

Back to the double life.  When visiting my friends it was just nice to feel so comfortable.  I was back with my friends from high school and it was as if nothing had changed.  We were all just as goofy as ever.  And of course within about three seconds we were all giving each other shit.  They were making fun of my outfit, me forgetting my bag on the ground, and in general we were all ragging on each other for just about everything.  And I loved every minute of it.  Eeeeh sorry about the sentimentality! A full serving of fresh n hot eggs will be coming right up tomorrow y'all! Stay hungry my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Gaby! A different you, eloquent and reflective, cooked up a different dish today. I'm lovin' it.

    ReplyDelete