Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm sorry Feta

But I have been untrue. HEYYY goat cheese ;)!!

My original favorite.



The Eggsperiment today was the best so far:

Goat Cheese
Sauteed Onions
Mushrooms
Tomatoes

I was using raw onions and mushrooms so I cooked them on the grill first.

The second picture is my friends Eggsperiment of her own:
She carved out a bagel, put ketchup in it, Sausage, cheese, egg, and goat cheese--> HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

My sister came to visit me for two days this week at college.  It was so weird to see her here, my older sister now visiting ME at college, it's completely surreal.  We remembered when I was a  freshman in high school braces and all, visiting her at Wesleyan.  Looking up at all the older, wiser, scary College students.  And now...I am one! When did this happen?  I've always been almost too aware of time ever since I was little, always remembering that things will be going faster than I think which has potential to both limit and enhance the enjoyment I get out of life.  It's good to remember to "live it up", "live like your dying", but also not so good to always be aware that things are going to end.

Anyways, when my sister visited a friend of mine remarked that we are "exactly the same".  We always have referred to ourselves as "Twins four years and ten days apart",   But when I really think about what makes us similar, its hard.  We have completely different academic interests, and hobbies but somehow we are "linked"together, with a bond that cannot be broken!! I don't know how this happened, maybe together fighting the power of our parents?  Maybe it was because when we were little we had a "blood sisters" ceremony (even though we already are blood sisters).  We never actually pricked our fingers but dripped wax on them and stuck them together, the reason we are so close.

I have been thinking about this all week, I've had a lot on my mind which keeps reminding me to get a journal, maybe instead of just posting on here.

1 comment:

  1. I like your notions of "time" in the opening half of this. If you haven't notice, I'm always blogging about time passing and BEING suddenly old. I guess that no matter what age we are, we become astonished when we reach the next milestone--how can this be? You ask it. I ask it. Part of the human condition.I actually think the creativity in the title and execution of this blog is pretty wonderful!

    ReplyDelete